Saturday 12 April 2014

       
      
         Another indigenous Manipuri sweet

                                                               Leibak hawai heingan
 
It is very sweet and crunchy in taste and made with sugar and leibak hawai (ground nut). The ground nuts are embedded in the sugar slabs and the shape is either round or rectangular in shape. It is used in various religious ceremonies in Manipur.
It is one of the special among the Manipuri sweets and easily available in the market.
I remember the sweet memory of my childhood, when my grandmother returns from the market she always bought this sweet for me because I love it very much. And I used to eat only the groundnut and throw the sugar slabs because of its sweetness.The groundnuts embedded are very tasty and till now I have not forgotten the taste.























No comments:

Post a Comment